JDL Consultants Limited are a medium sized Civil & Structural Engineering practice established in 2001, with a team of 14 dedicated staff. We pride ourselves on our quick, personal response to any queries or concerns that our clients may have. Between our 6 key designers, there is a broad depth of engineering knowledge across the entire construction spectrum. Each new project is approached as unique and assessed from first principals to see if there are any alternative approaches which would provide a more cost effective design; we bring experience in all forms of building materials from concrete and steel framed buildings, through to aluminium frames for temporary structures.
- Structural design including Listed Building works.
- Civil engineering designs for roads and bridges.
- Construction supervision and coordination.
- Foundation design.
- Feasibility assessments, including partnering architectural and financial services.
- Structural surveys, including preparation of repair/renovation schedules/specifications.
- Drainage design and layouts.
- Full CADS facilities for coordination with client’s documents.
- Expert witness service.
- Flood Risk Assessments.
We undertake both Residential and Listed Building works, including structural surveys both for individuals and for organisations including Housing Associations.
We undertake a variety of work with values from £1m – £15m often on tight programs. We regularly work for mainstream retailers across the country including a new Waitrose store in Wichelstowe, Swindon as well as on more intimate private projects. Current work includes a new Premier Inn in Tottenham London. We have also recently been involved with several School and Academy Projects including the Hans Price Acaemy in Weston-super-Mare and Taunton Academy in Somerset.
One of our more unusual projects was to undertake the design check for the scaffold support of a vertical rugby pitch for use during one of the 6 Nations Tournaments in Ireland. We have also undertaken a considerable amount of work and have been involved in a number of projects for Airbus (UK) Ltd and GKN Limited at their site in Filton, Bristol.
From current and previous employments, members of staff bring a wide range of practical experience and expertise in many other areas including:
- Structural Design
- Listed Building renovations
- Main drainage design
- Bridge works
- Structural repairs
- Planned maintenance associated with:
- Community Housing
- Railway property
- Subsidence damage
- Civil engineering designs for new roads and car parks
- Expert witness work